Endoscopic Septoplasty For Posterior Deviation
- Nasal obstruction
- Need for improved surgical access prior to ESS
- Steps are similar to those for a standard septoplasty performed with a headlight; however, visualization (particularly of the posterior septum) is improved.
- Routine septoplasty instruments can be used with the endoscope.
- Initial incision is made directly in front of the posterior deflection.
Keep in Mind/Things to Remember:
- Posterior deflections are ideal cases to learn endoscopic technique.