Finding the Frontal Sinus — The Agger Nasi Punch-Out-Procedure (POP)
- Identification of frontal sinus ostium
- Removal of obstructed Agger nasi cells
- Hajek punch used to remove face of frontal recess
- Agger nasi swept from posterior to anterior out of the frontal recess for removal
- Identification and probing of the frontal sinus ostium
Keep in Mind/Things to Remember:
- The advantage of this technique is that it allows direct visualization of the frontal recess with a zero-degree endoscope.
- Bone removal should be in superior direction only. By doing bone removal in the superior direction it does not destabilize the middle turbinate.
Reference:Agger Nasi Punch Out Procedure.pdf